AC Winterization is a large-scale energy management program in Edmonton. It aims to promote energy efficiency and reduce costs associated with cooling, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in the city. Since the program began in Edmonton in 1995, more than half of all commercial buildings, non-profit organizations, governmental offices and private homes in Edmonton have undergone some form of energy management system improvement. There are many contributing factors to the successful implementation of an on winterization program in Edmonton, including:
* Improved HVAC efficiency - With the increased use of heat and the corresponding lower demand for air conditioning, there is a reduction in energy usage by HVAC systems. This translates into lower bills for homeowners and businesses. Some HVAC equipment is now energy efficient, requiring less energy to operate than older models. Improved technology means that the most common types of HVAC equipment are now highly energy-efficient. The latest equipment also has a longer life expectancy than previous models. The result is higher operating costs for AC companies, but lower bills for homeowners and businesses.
* Improved Ventilation and Air Conditioning - With the winterization program, AC contractors and air conditioning specialists can address issues related to both excessive warmth and cold in the air. Through a variety of studies and research, scientists have identified important threats to health and the environment due to extreme cold temperatures. The increased use of heating and cooling systems can reduce both negative effects to the environment and negative impacts to individual health.
* Reduced Need for Air Conditioning - As more people live in close proximity to one another, there is an increased need for AC services and the related heating costs. AC Winterization in Edmonton reduces the need for air conditioning in the summer months, resulting in fewer unnecessary and costly energy bills. The reduced demand for air conditioning also reduces the need for HVAC technicians, thus reducing their costs and ensuring that the air conditioning system remains functional. This also reduces the number of days that employees spend out of town in inclement weather.
* Improved Serviceability - When a business owner takes on AC winterization in Edmonton, he or she no longer has to hire a fulltime heating and cooling technician. Instead, the system administrator and technicians can perform the necessary maintenance and adjustments on the system themselves. The company does not have to invest additional personnel into the operation of the equipment. Of course, hiring workers for these positions can be expensive. However, this investment pales in comparison to the money saved on energy costs and increased productivity.
* Increased Flexibility - It is becoming increasingly popular for air conditioning contractors to offer flexible repayment terms for their AC winterization in Edmonton service. The payment terms can range from two to five years. Many AC contractors also offer the option of extending the term of the AC winterization contract, depending upon the needs of the client. The flexibility allows the client to pay less while still having the same monthly payment for the duration of the contract. The longer the term, the less it costs to maintain the system, since less ac contractors are needed to perform the job.
* Increased Safety - When a business owner hires an ac contractor to make the necessary adjustments to their existing HVAC system, he or she generally relieves the stress that comes with the job. The contractor can perform routine maintenance on the system to prevent major repairs or to make certain that minor problems do not escalate into more significant ones. He or she also has the knowledge necessary to make necessary adjustments that will increase the lifespan of the system. These technicians can also help to make sure that the proper safety safeguards are put into place to avoid overheating, fire, or electrical shock.
As more businesses look to save money by contracting out HVAC winterization to an ac contractor, they are increasing awareness of the importance of having a qualified professional to do the work. Some owners and operators have been reluctant to engage a contractor because they believe they do not have the knowledge necessary to make the necessary changes. However, as more HVAC Winterization In Edmonton services are added, the number of persons certified to perform this service continues to grow. Therefore, the skill level of qualified contractors is growing as well, which makes it easier for them to provide more effective service to their clients.